Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Outspoken Sports Blog

Sports blogging is overrated.

I've been doing this for a year, and all my faithful readers have decided to leave this site for something more interesting.

Well, on the eve of remembering Aloisi and Cahill correcting one of the greatest injustices in Australian footballing history against Japan (and then finding that more injustices were to come), I thought that it might be worth calling those faithful readers back for one last celebration.

The blog has gone downhill since Australia were bundled out of the FIFA World Cup, with only a minor resurgence for the Ashes, but we shall never forget that precious day, nor the person who rang my mobile twice at 1am to wish me a happy birthday and share the excitement of such an amazing final 10 minutes.

Those sorts of memories are much better than the ones that come from wankers who stop you watching Australia play Uruguay by putting up signs in front of your view during the play.

So thank you all, and if you are one of my faithful readers that I haven't seen in the flesh for a while, let's catch up.